Based in Montreal, Qc, Canada
Dive into a childhood imaginary world full of puzzles and mystery and fight the creatures of the night with lights. Escape the everyday life to daydream and explore different memories. Piece together the events of the past. What was long forgotten can be rediscovered. In The Shadows is a pixelart looking puzzle platformer with beautiful real time lighting and shadows. While monsters in the night look dangerous at first sight, they can be controlled with light, each transfoming into different objects that you will find useful to find your way out! A 3D voxel art game viewed in 2D and completly lit in realtime, giving it a distinct look that is directly tied with the basic concept of the mechanics in the game.
In The Shadows has been in development since 2014, and released on October 20th 2017. I have been developming In The Shadows by myself, it is my first professional game. It has been funded mainly by friends and family and later was successfully funded on Kickstarter in 2016. It has been a three-year solo journey to complete this game, an adventure that shaped itself through time. In The Shadows was shown at PAX East 2016-2017, PAX South 2017 and GDC 2016. The game had a successful Kickstarter campaign in April 2016.
- Multiple worlds to explore.
- Different monsters with each their own mechanics.
- 40+ Levels to explore with challenging puzzles to solve.
- Hidden levels and secrets to uncover!
- Colorful environments with real time lighting!
- Beautiful instrumental music crafted for the game.
- A deep emotional story about fears and comfort.
- Xbox 360, Xbox One Controller support on Steam
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Selected for PAX Rising - PAXEast 2017" PAXEast 2017 Boston, March 10-12, 2017
- "Selected for PAX Rising - PAXEast 2016" PAXEast 2016 Boston, April 22-24, 2016
- "Selected for IndieMEGABooth - GDC 2016" GDC 2016 San Francisco, March 14, 2016
- "It’s enormously pretty [...] immediately entertaining"
- John Walker, RockPaperShotgun
- "Laid off? Make a video game"
- Tim Forester, CBC - Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- "The interplay between light and shadows is getting a shining new treatment in the upcoming puzzle platformer, In the Shadows. Manipulating light sources to defeat dark enemies is the primary means of progressing."
- Luke Siuty, Indie Game Magazine
- "Shining Some Light on In The Shadows... ...The days are bright and vibrant while the evenings are filled with dancing shadows."
- Julie Morley, IndieRoot
- "In the Shadows, from ColorSpace Studio, is an action-puzzler where the player uses light to combat shadow creatures... and to use them in puzzle solutions"
- AJ Johnson, http://www.2dradar.com/
- "Something Terrifying, And Adorable, is Lurking In The Shadows"
- Stephanie Smith, http://www.cliqist.com/
- "This game has a beautiful pixelated world with perfect blends of lighting and environment"
- Ryan Donovan, http://www.thegoldencartridge.com/
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Colorspace Studio
Colorspace Studio is an independent Montreal based game compnay.
More information on Colorspace Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
In The Shadows Credits
Business, Development & Artist, Colorspace Studio