Based in Montreal, Qc, Canada
In The Shadows is a 2D puzzle platformer game where you use lights to scare away shadows creatures that transform into everyday objects you can use to your own advantage.. In the night everyday objects become alive and apparently dangerous, but when the lights are turned on they might help you go through difficult situations. It is a story about fears and comfort, where a man fall back to his childhood fantasy world and confront his fears.
In The Shadows is currently being developed by a single person using Unity Engine. The game environement is build in 3D using optimized voxel mesh made using Qubicle, characters and other small elements are simple 2D sprites. The voxels environement are then relit in the scene in 3D and use the light as a mechanic for the game.
- Multiple fantastic worlds to explore.
- Different monsters with each their own mechanics.
- 45 Levels to explore with challenging puzzles to solve.
- Hidden levels and secrets to uncover!
- Colorful environments with real time lighting!
- Beautiful instrumental music crafted for the game.
- A deep emotional story about fears and comfort.
- Xbox 360, Xbox One Controller support on Steam
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Selected for IndieMEGABooth - GDC 2016" GDC 2016 San Francisco, March 14, 2016
- "Selected for PAX Rising - PAXEast 2016" PAXEast 2016 Boston, April 22, 2016
- "It’s enormously pretty [...] immediately entertaining"
- John Walker, RockPaperShotgun
- "The interplay between light and shadows is getting a shining new treatment in the upcoming puzzle platformer, In the Shadows. Manipulating light sources to defeat dark enemies is the primary means of progressing."
- Luke Siuty, Indie Game Magazine
- "Shining Some Light on In The Shadows... ...The days are bright and vibrant while the evenings are filled with dancing shadows."
- Julie Morley, IndieRoot
- "In the Shadows, from ColorSpace Studio, is an action-puzzler where the player uses light to combat shadow creatures... and to use them in puzzle solutions"
- AJ Johnson, http://www.2dradar.com/
- "Something Terrifying, And Adorable, is Lurking In The Shadows"
- Stephanie Smith, http://www.cliqist.com/
- "This game has a beautiful pixelated world with perfect blends of lighting and environment"
- Ryan Donovan, http://www.thegoldencartridge.com/
About Colorspace Studio
Colorspace Studio is an independent Montreal based game studio.
More information on Colorspace Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
In The Shadows Credits